Monday, January 30, 2012

January 30, 2012

This morning when I got up I called to check on Harli and got a good report from Harli's nurse.  Harli only had three episodes last night, and they did not all require stimulation.  I talked with Blair this morning before work and she was doing great. 

Blair was with Harli when the doctor and nurse practitioner made their rounds.  They said they have plans to up her feedings on Wednesday, and if everything goes good they will increase them again on Friday.  The doctor and nurse practitioner's said that Harli is having less episodes, and of those episodes she is requiring less stimulation.  The doctor said that they would like to see her gain more weight on a day to day basis, but they did say they would take what they could get. 

Blair got the chance to kangaroo Harli today for three and a half hours.  The longest session to date for either one of us, can I say that I'm jealous.  Blair said that while she was holding Harli the monitor started going a little crazy and she was starting to get very nervous.  One of the nurses walked over and picked Harli up to find out that her leads had fallen off.  Blair said that was as scared as she had been in a while.  Blair said other than that Harli's vital signs were great throughout the whole kangaroo session. 

Last night was a very rough time for myself.  As long as I was busy doing things around the house I was handling it decent, but the moment I stopped my emotions would start.  Blair and I were able to talk until she fell asleep with her phone on viberate, then she could not hear me trying to call her.  The good news is that Blair was able to get a full night of sleep, the bad part was that she did not hear her alarm to wake up and pump.  Today was my first day back to work, the work part went well, but the part of missing Blair and Harli was difficult.  I was able to get a couple pictures today of Blair holding Harli, and Blair did a great job of keeping me updated to any changes. 

They weighed Harli today and she weighs 2.4 lbs.  The doctor wanted more weight gain and he got it, she gained two ounces since yesterday.  Blair mentioned that her weight might be down tomorrow after the bowel movement she had tonight.  I guess it was a good thing I was not on call for that one.  Harli did have five episodes today, which was up a little, but the nurse said that a couple of them were due to other things.

All bundled up


Adorable

My two favorite women

Blair, Harli, Ashely (our nurse)


All stretched out

They changed all the cords and pads on her chest and stomach.

P.S. Tomorrow night the blog might be a little late.  I am taking Blair out to eat for our anniversary.

No comments:

Post a Comment