Friday, January 27, 2012

January 27, 2012

Today when we woke up Blair's rash had really subsided.  She still had it on her legs and arms, but her chest and face were now clear.  Her mastitis was not giving her any trouble either which is a huge relief.  She did however decide to stay back at the room another day so she could rest and continue to let her body heal.

When I showed up at Harli's bedside I got a very good report from our nurse.  Harli only had three episodes over night, which she resolved two of them on her own.  When the doctor and nurse practitioners made their rounds they were very satisfied with the progress Harli has made, they did not have any tests planned for Harli they just raised her amount of milk she is getting every three hours.  She was raised from 2cc's of milk every three hours to 3.5cc's.  Harli seemed to handle the extra milk well, leaving between .5cc's to 1cc every three hours.

I brought Blair lunch today, which is the first time I had remembered to do that all week so I was very proud of myself.  I think I scared the life out of her when I came walking into the room.   It was very nice to see that the rash had gone down even more in the few hours I was away.

When I arrived back in Harli's room I was able to kangaroo Harli for a total of two and a half hours.  I have no clue what I'm going to do next week when I have to go back to work and wont get my cuddling time with Harli.  Today was the worst kangaroo session Harli has had to date, and it was not because of her episodes.  She would not hold still long enough for me to take my nap.  She moved from side to side, she even fell down my side and to the back part of my shirt, which was very awkward to pull her out.  Her numbers were very good though and she seemed to be enjoying herself which is all that really matters.

When I did Harli's care tonight at five she had a small bowel movement which was very nice to see, and yes I tried getting out of the diaper change again but was unsuccessful.  Our nurse was able to keep Harli on her back all day until about five thirty tonight when she started throwing a fit.  They are trying to keep Harli's head as uniformed as possible by having her stay on her back as long as possible everyday.

When I arrived back at our room tonight Blair's rash is almost completely gone.  She has her normally color back and she was in a real good mood which was very uplifting to see.  I think she is going to try to venture out tomorrow to the hospital, so I hope that she is out of the woods and she does not have to keep fighting this.

One of the few times today we were able to keep her limbs contained. 


She finally got her legs out.


One arm and one leg will do for now.

Finally decided to just let her be free for a little bit.




Got her contained and her head held in place.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own."  Matthew 6:34


2 comments:

  1. May I ask, What is the thing that is on her head? I was thinking it was for fluids, maybe?
    She is so beautiful. Myself and mom pray for her everyday!
    Amanda/Vickie Fleenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blair & Adam,
    She is beautiful! I love the 4th picture down where you posted that you decided to let her be free :). She is very lucky to have such wonderful parents. Thanks for keeping us all updated on your beautiful baby Harli
    Amber

    ReplyDelete