Wednesday, February 22, 2012

February 22, 2012

Last night Harli kind of fell back into her old ways.  She had six episodes throughout the night, which is not horrible, but more than Blair and I would like to see.

Today was a much better day.  When we left tonight at eight she only had two episodes.  The doctor and nurse practitioner decided to leave her on three liters of vapotherm another day before trying to lower it.  Harli continues to gain strength, and loves to move around.  She is getting to the point where she does not sleep all the time, but rather lays there wide awake and looking around.  Harli continues to not like being bundled up, and manages to get herself free every time.

Blair was able to kangaroo Harli today for about an hour and a half. It was not a very long session because I was also able to kangaroo Harli tonight so Blair did not want to push her to much.  (Which at first Blair and our nurse had me convinced that Blair went ahead and kangarooed and I was not going to get to.  I tried to pretend that it did not bother me, but deep down I was crushed.) It is the first time that both Blair and I were able to kangaroo Harli on the same day.  Needless to say we were both having a wonderful day.

Harli gained some more weight today.  She is now at 1560 grams, or 3lbs 7ozs.  They still have held off dressing her until she puts on more weight since last time she lost a little.  Harli is making progress everyday and we continue to pray for her daily that she continues to improve.  I know that everyone is busy in their day to day activities, but Blair and I ask that you not only keep us in your thoughts but also in your prayers.  Throughout our "roller coaster" we continue to be amazed with what the power of prayer can do.





"Come to me, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."  Matthew 11:28-30

No comments:

Post a Comment