Wednesday, March 14, 2012

March 14, 2012

First of all I would like to apologize for not doing the blog the past couple of days.  We are still working on our house, and their have not been enough hours in the day.  Throughout the next few weeks I am going to try to get the blog typed in the morning.

Harli has been doing very good the past couple of days.  She is on .5 liters of oxygen at twenty-one percent, which they are talking about taking her off oxygen by the end of the week to see how she handles it.  She is on 44ml of milk, which has increased along with her weight.

On Tuesday Harli had another eye exam, the doctor said that she has progressed a little in the past week but they are going to do another eye exam next Tuesday.

Blair has started breast feeding twice a day.  Some days Harli handles the first session very well, but the second session she does not want to try.  Today was the first day which Harli tried breast feeding during both sessions.

Harli has grown enough now that she no longer fits into premie clothes.  The new born clothes are still fairly large on her, but I am sure before we know it she will grow into those clothes as well.  Tonight was the first night which I have gotten to see Harli in a few days and I can not get over how much she has grown.

Harli weighed 5lbs 1.5 ozs today.  Those following the blog might be thinking that she only gained .5ozs since Sunday, but she actually lost a little weight on Monday putting her at 4lbs 13ozs.  She had not had any bowel movements on Sunday so we figured on Monday she might lose weight and we were right.  So since Monday she has went from 4lbs 13ozs to 5lbs 1.5ozs, which is a nice jump in the past couple of days.

Harli continues to have a few episodes here and there.  They seem to be getting less with time, but she occasionally dips her heart rate down just low enough for it to register on the monitor and then she brings it right back up.  In the past few days Harli has not had an episodes which required any stimulation which is a big step.

Today Riley gave the mothers a baby shower, and my wife and my daughter were both featured on Fox 59 news.  If you did not get a chance to see the interview and would like copy and past the link below into your search engine.  I can not get it set up where you can just click on the link.

http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-riley-baby-shower-hospital-throws-baby-showers-for-mothers-in-intensive-care-unit-20120314,0,3207004.column









"Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart I will be found by you."  Jeremiah 29:12-14

No comments:

Post a Comment